ALLEN PSYCHIATRY & TMS Center
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are temporarily switching to virtual/telemedicine visits for all appointments except TMS and Spravato treatments. Click here to learn more.
Top-Rated Psychiatrist serving Allen, Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Prosper, Richardson, Lewisville, Sherman, Dallas and other surrounding areas in DFW.
"We are now providing one of the most advanced FDA cleared treatments for depression including NeuroStar TMS Therapy and Spravato (Esketamine) Nasal Spray", Shahla Ali, MD
Welcome to Allen Psychiatry
Nearly 1 in 5 adults in America experience a mental illness. Nearly 1 in 25 (10 million) adults in America live with a serious mental illness. Committed to patient care and safely, at Allen Psychiatry and TMS Center, we are here to help when it counts.
Since 2014, Allen Psychiatry is proudly serving North Dallas area including Allen, Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Richardson, Prosper, Dallas and other surrounding areas in DFW. Our team is led by a board certified Psychiatrist, Shahla Ali, MD. Services Provided:
- Mental and behavioral health assessment and evaluation
- Medication Management
- Counseling and Therapy
- Most advanced treatment for depression
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS Therapy / TMS Treatment Center) - NeuroStar TMS Therapy for Depression - Goldstar Circle Provider
- Spravato (Esketamine) Treatment for Depression - Certified SPRAVATO™ treatment center
Treatments include but not limited to:
- Attention-Deficit Disorder(ADD/ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Depression / Major Depressive Disorder / MDD
- Eating Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Substance Use Disorder (drugs and alcohol)
14 and up
We are in-network provider for most plans for below insurance carriers:
- Baylor Scott & White Health Plan (SWHP)
- Healthscope / DART
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS, BCBSTX)
- United Healthcare (UHC, UBH, UMR, Optum)
If your insurance is not listed above, it will be treated as 'out of network', where higher copay or coinsurance may apply. Once you schedule an appointment with our office, we verify your benefits with your insurance company as a courtesy. Please note copay or coinsurance info provided by us is not a guarantee of insurance coverage or payment.
Open 7:30 AM - 5 PM weekdays except major holidays
Allen Psychiatry is the first and only Neurostar TMS Treatment Center in Allen
NeuroStar Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy is a new treatment cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for patients suffering from depression who have not achieved satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant treatment. TMS stands for “transcranial magnetic stimulation.”
TMS Therapy is a treatment that can be performed in a psychiatrist’s office, under his or her supervision, using a medical device called the NeuroStar TMS Therapy system. NeuroStar TMS Therapy is:
- Non-invasive, meaning that it does not involve surgery. It does not require any anesthesia or sedation, as the patient remains awake and alert during the treatment
- Non-systemic, meaning that it is not taken by mouth and does not circulate in the blood stream throughout the body.
The typical initial treatment course consists of at least 5 treatments per week over a 4-6 week period, for an average of 20-30 total treatments. Each treatment session lasts approximately 19-40 minutes, depending on what the doctor determines is the correct protocol.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is indicated for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in adult patients who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from prior antidepressant medication in the current episode.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is only available by prescription. Please contact us to help decide if NeuroStar TMS Therapy is right for you.
Important Safety Information
The most common side effect is pain or discomfort at or near the treatment site. These events are transient; they occur during the TMS treatment course and do not occur for most patients after the first week of treatment. There is a rare risk of seizure associated with the use of NeuroStar TMS (<0.1% per patient).
NeuroStar TMS Therapy should not be used with patients who have non-removable conductive metal in or near the head. NeuroStar TMS Therapy has not been studied in patients who have not received prior antidepressant treatment.